Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Man-TOMS

So after Claire’s post, I guess most of you are well-educated, enthusiastic TOMS fans now. However, there is one large issue that was not addressed in any of the videos or Web sites or promotional materials – Man-TOMS.

I am a confident, secure male with a pretty defined, conservative style. At the same time, I think that I possess the attitude such that I can get a little adventurous with my wardrobe and still pull it off. That being said, Man-TOMS have created an internal conflict in me that is the size of Claire’s crush on Blake. The girls I’m working with are encouraging me to rock some Man-TOMS, and to be frank, I think it would be cool to wear a pair. The problem is that I’m just not sure I can pull them off. I’ve seen a few guys around campus sporting Man-TOMS, and they seem to wear them successfully. The whole California look may not be for me, or very common at the University of Georgia, but there’s still something deep down in me that says to buy a pair of Man-TOMS, just try them out.

It would be a $50 gamble – is it worth it? Am I just going to wear them a few times and be done with Man-TOMS? Am I going to start a trend throughout the fraternity world, and then through the whole campus? This Man-TOMS saga to be continued…


-Joel



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully support "Man-TOMS". I know plenty of guys who have TOMS and totally rock 'em.

    They are extra comfortable, and the canvas TOMS are light weight and great for summer.

    Think of how frat-tastic you could look in this outfit. (Guy on left) http://la.racked.com/uploads/2009_03_justinvsjeff.jpg

    If that doesn't convince you... Bono and Brad Pitt both wear TOMS.

    ReplyDelete